WHY JOIN US?
Are you tired of being a cog in a big machine?
Does your mentor says all the right things, but you know they have their attention split across hundreds of people, they cannot possibly stay true to their commitment to all of you?
Does the thought of being a young, ambitious graduate, springing with hope and potential, being overlooked in a sea of people; unnoticed, undeveloped, keep you up at night?
At Headstart, we seek to create a different type of workplace. We want to build a place where people grow, play and earn a living whilst living a life of passion. We are small enough to care about every single member of our staff. We hold each other up to a life of passion; whether it's Excel modelling, yoga or sleep hygiene. We believe that "to grow is to live".
We are small but ambitious. We are professional and passionate about our craft. We are master craftspeople in our field. We care deeply about what we do because we believe in perfecting our craft.
Our craft: helping businesses grow in a data-driven, compliant, and scalable way.
Does that sound like the sort of place you want to be a part of? Live with passion. Come join us.
- Develop strong relationships with clients demonstrating an interest in getting to know their business
- Liaise with clients offering a friendly and professional service
- Assist with the preparation and filing of micro and small company accounts and corporation tax returns
- Expand your knowledge on Small Business accounting
- General book keeping using excel and accounting software
- Assisting with corresponding with HMRC, including meeting deadlines and ensuring all financial practices and records comply with accounting standards
- Paying bills and creating invoices for clients
- Maintaining and managing data, checking entries for accuracy and making necessary corrections
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and proposals
- Assist in internal audit and assurance exercises
- Any other as hoc admin duties that may be required
- Have excellent numerical skills.
- Possess good time management and organisation skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to use initiative when required.
- Be proactive and motivated, with a willingness to get "stuck in"
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office , Word, Excel Etc (Essential)
- Intend to pursue ACA qualification with the ICAEW
- Degree in Accounting preferred
For details on how to apply please visit the National Government website here.