We're growing! 18 months, 10X growth and a new office in Croydon. We need people though. The right kind of people; the obsessive-compulsive, eagle-eyed ones. You need to like numbers, order and highlighter pens (and hopefully before long, Excel spreadsheets; your new best friend!). If all these sound too much, look away now! But if this sounds like you, we want to hear from you RIGHT NOW!
We are a start-up. And it's early days. Other than some colleagues you will see on Zoom regularly, you will be working closely with me, the Founding Principal in our new office in Croydon. As it's such a small team, chemistry is key. I'm a personal believer of "meaningful work and meaningful relationships."
"Meaningful work" means you will always understand why you do, what you do and the impact of your work on our clients. It does not mean the absence of "tedious" work. Although if it gets too tedious too often, we should be asking the question "Can we do this better; i.e. automate this?"
"Meaningful relationships" means if you don't like me, it can be a bit of a problem! In larger organisations, they call this "team-fit" or "culture-fit". So we should absolutely check this out for a few months, lest we drive each other up the wall, and get no work done. That aside, it also means that we care about our clients, and seek to make a difference to their businesses. I'm not in this for mindless paper-shuffling. Hopefully, you care as much about impact too.
Qualified Practice Accountant
Temp to Perm (£ Competitive)
CROYDON, GREATER LONDON
- Managing the client relationship and presenting annual accounts to the client
- Input into preparation and filing of micro and small company accounts and corporation tax returns
- VAT returns
- Input into self-assessment and corporation tax returns
- Small Business accounting
- Property strategy & tax planning
- Communication and correspondence with HMRC
- ACCA/ICAEW qualified with Practicing Certificate
- Excellent working knowledge of the UK tax regime, both personal and corporate
- Level of charisma to be able to liaise with the client and quickly cement that working relationship
- An ability to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise
- A proactive attitude
- Comfortable with high levels of client engagement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Willing to help drive the business to achieve high turnover growth
- Profit sharing/share options
Please send your application in noting the following:
-CV must be presented and formatted as an Excel document
We will be recruiting throughout the year and welcome applications from suitable candidates. Please send applications to email@example.com